Saturday 19 July 2014

What Does Sarah Get Up To? Let's Have Some More Tea.

I'm guest blogging over at Parentwin today. (Is it ParentWin or ParenTwin? Nobody knows!) In it I explain a little bit about what I get up to currently, whilst Pete and I are still living thousands of miles apart.

I'm lodging with friends and I take some of the care of their two children, and do some of the housework, in exchange for free bed and board. They're very generous to me. I try to be generous back. But if you see me referring to "the kids", or Older Son/Younger Son, this is who I mean.

Pour another cup and click through above to read about my experiences establishing a hierarchy in this family.

Whilst we're on the subject, paid work is slow, currently, but I have a profession: I'm an accountant. So is Pete.

Other than that, I'm doing my writing, I'm finishing up all those half-finished projects so I don't have to take them with me when I move, I go to church, I see my friends. I just had one of my bridesmaids and her 10-month-old daughter (also going to be a bridesmaid -- well, flower-girl, really) come round today. We adults were practicing wedding makeup. The result is... we need more information. More makeup to choose from than what I have, and better brushes. We completely disagreed over the necessity of bright white sparkly eyeshadow, that I'd forgotten I have but really like. But that's what oldest friends are for.

No comments:

Post a Comment